Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bicycle

Joseph's physical therapist ordered him a hand-powered tricycle. Now that the wheelchair has finally arrived, all we ever here from Joseph is, "We should go get my hand-powered trike." He's had a chance to try one out at the hospital a few times. The handlebars, you'll notice, look something like one of those hex keys that come with furniture in need of assembly.

I left such a tool lying around after a long, futile attempt at highchair reconstruction and Joseph found it. I was busy doing something and was only half paying attention as he kept saying, "Mommy, I'm riding a bicycle." Finally, I looked more closely. He had hold of each end of the hex key and was turning it around and around while crawling with his elbows. Strong kid! And imaginative. Hope the real thing arrives soon.

No comments: